Saturday, July 24, 2010

Almost there

Last year I decided I wanted to become an EMT not only because I enjoy helping those in need, but because I can take the ‘gore’ the job brings. My original career goal is to become a Mortician. So I think this would be the perfect place to start. I'm curious as to where it will take me or if I will even be able to handle it. At this point I am fully aware of what this job requires and I am ready. I took and passed the course with flying colors this past June and I have been studying night and day for the national registry exam. I kinda held off on scheduling my exam until last week, only because I was a little afraid. Not of failing, but at succeeding. If I pass this exam, it means my whole life is going to change. I will have a new life a new way of thinking and new stories to tell. I will have to work out a schedule around my 3 year old daughter and her school, but I have a great enough community to support me and help us out in the transition. I know I shouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch. But I believe in myself and I’m so excited about this field that I soon will be a part of. When I went on my ride a longs (EMT internship), I had a feeling of assurance like wow…I can do this, I want to do this and I will. Just the fact that I wont be in the same situation twice excites me.
I had the greatest Instructor John Cavanaugh, He made class so enjoyable and learning so fun. Even though I was happy to pass the course I didn’t want it to end. For that I am thankful, as well as my family and friends that pushed me with their encouraging words.
I take my Exam 07/31/10 please send good vibes out for me. If I don’t pass the first time I definitely will keep trying.

Handle That.

1 comment: